Winter is now in the air, which means it is now time for a perfect chili to to offset that chill outside. If you are looking for a super simple chili recipe that also tastes amazing, look no further. Just throw everything into the slow-cooker for 4 hours, and dinner is served hot and ready.
If I didn’t tell you, you probably wouldn’t even notice, but this Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili recipe also happens to be vegetarian with it also vegan if you wanted to remove the cheese on top and sour cream. Trust me..it’s so comforting and tasty, it doesn’t even need meat. Try it! Prove me wrong!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 30 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans (vegetarian), drained
- 15 oz can diced tomato
- 2 large green bell peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup mild to medium red salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn a 5 quart slow cooker on high (for a smaller slow cooker, use about half this recipe). Add the onion and garlic, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, tomato, bell pepper and corn. Pour in vegetable stock, salsa, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, 7 on low (depending on your stock pot).
- Add salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with green onion, cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream (skip sour cream and cheddar cheese for vegan version).